"Realistically I only have one year left, so I’m trying to enjoy myself."
Kobe Bryant (via foreverla)
A Very Kobe-esque response
- Reporter: Kobe, a college kid scored 138 points tonight and took over 100 shots …
- Kobe Bryant: “Wow … No kidding? Where?”
- Reporter: Grinnell College in Iowa.
- Bryant: “Really? Wow. That’s impressive. That’s crazy. I don’t care what level you’re at. Scoring 138 points is pretty insane. How many 3s did he shoot?”
- Reporter: 71.
- Bryant: “Holy sh–. How many points did they score as a team?”
- Reporter: 179.
- Bryant: “What?!”
- Reporter: No other starter had double figures.
- Bryant: “That’s incredible.”
- Reporter: Dude on the other team scored 71 points and lost.
- Bryant: “That’s amazing. He must have been wearing the Mambas, man. Only Mambas have no conscious to shoot the ball like that.”
- Reporter: If you did that, would people be celebrating you?
- Bryant: “Would people be celebrating me if I scored 138 points? You know how it is, some people would, some people wouldn’t. They can all kiss my a– as I’m sure he feels the same way. If you score 138 points, you kind of have a license to tell people to f— off.”
Kobe Bryant and Gerald Wallace talking trash during last night’s game. Seem familiar?
What were the two talking about? According to Wallace, “I was trying to get him to close his eyes to shoot. I had to make a big bet, so I told him just shoot the free throws.”
"The guy [Kobe] is almost 50 years old, my God. We can’t rely on that. We’ve got to come out and play."
Mike D’Antoni on Kobe carrying the team once again (via foreverla)
Happy thanksgiving everyone
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s statue outside STAPLES Center was unveiled tonight. An overdue honor for one of the great basketball legends.
"You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."
President Obama remarking in personal terms on the shooting and killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida. Video and full article here. (via minusmanhattan)